Maria Marino ~ Selected Awards, Memberships & Exhibitions
Memberships and Affiliations
• National Arts Club NYC - Exhibiting Artist Member, NAC Member
• Salmagundi Club- Non-Resident Artist Member
• California Art Club- Out-of-State Artist Juried Member
• Allied Artists of America - Elected Member
• Oil Painters of America- Member
• PSA- Master Pastelist
• Mid-Atlantic Plein Air Painters Association - Artist Member
• Artists Fellowship Inc. - Member
• Certified Interior Designer: Maryland State Board Registered #2203, NCIDQ Certificate #024506
Selected Group Exhibitions
National Arts Club NYC, Grand Gallery,
Trask Gallery, Salmagundi Club, NYC,
The Orangery of the Château de La Louvière- Montluçon, France
Château Abbaye du Valasse- The Great Hall, Gruchet-le-Valasse, France
Scuderie Estensi Piazza Garibaldi Tivoli, Italy,
Salon International du Pastel Giverny France,
Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, Taiwan,
Butler Museum of American Art,
Vose Galleries, Boston, MA,
Trailside Galleries, Scottsdale, AZ,
Abend Gallery Fine Art, Denver, CO,
Lyme Art Association Goodman Gallery, Old Lyme, CT,
Slater Museum Norwich, CT.,
Lauren Rogers Museum of Art, Laurel, MS
Washington County Museum of Arts, Maryland
• 2023- Plein Air Magazine Aug/Sept “Painting the World’ Portfolio-“In the Valley of Mont St Michel” painting featured
• 2020- Plein Air Magazine, "Awaken" painting featured in Oct/Nov issue- Sunrise/Sunset Portfolio.
• 2020-Pratique de Arts Magazine, Montlucon, France exhibition issue.
• 2020-March/April edition Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine, Floral and Garden portfolio, Peter Trippi , Editor-in-Chief.
• 2020- Kelly Kane, Editor-in-Chief of Plein Air Magazine, https://www.outdoorpainter.com/kelly-kanes-pick-of-the-week-morning-at-back-creek-eastport/
• 2019-Plein Air Magazine, Aug/Sept 2019 edition, "Broken Color-Impressionism" article
• 2019-The Artist's Road Publication- "Voices of Experience- An Interview with Maria Marino"-
• 2019- Publication "Pure Pastel" Contemporary Works by Today's Top Artists, edited by Anne Hevener, featuring pastel painting "The Breath of Spring."
• 2018-Shrew Literary Zine Magazine-The Sonnet Issue
• 2018 Publication- April 2018 issue of Pastel Journal, Best Landscape Pastel 100 by F&W Media Inc.
Selected Awards and Recognition
• Salmagundi Club,Philip Isenberg Memorial award for Graphics- Salmagundi Club 138th Annual Members' Exhibition 2022
• Salmagundi Club, Macowin Tuttle Memorial award for Landscape- Salmagundi Spring Auction 2022
• Salmagundi Club, Sylvia Maria Glesman Members Floral exhibition, 3rd Place 10/2021
• Allied Artists of America exhibition, The Pauline Law Memorial Award for Graphics, 09/2021
• Best in Show, 7th Annual Lighthouse ArtCenter National Plein Air Event, Tequesta, FL., 03/2020
• Pastel Society of America 2019- Flora B Giffuni & Joseph V Giffuni Memorial Award
• Pasit Pastellisti Italiani 2019 online exhibition -1st Place Landscape Award
• Allied Artists of America Award for Pastel- 105th Allied Artists of America exhibition
• Paint Annapolis 2018 Plein Air event, 2nd Place
• Salmagundi Club Centennial Members Exhibition- Philip Isenberg Memorial award -Oil and Acrylic division
• Pasit Pastellisti Italiani exhibition in Tivoli, ITALY- Premio Arte Miranda award
• 1st Place 19th Annual Pastel 100 Landscape and Interior Category.
• 2nd place awarded artist's ensemble of works in Salon du Pastel Internationale Exhibition Giverny 2017.
• Art Spirit Foundation Silver Medal for Pastel- National Arts Club 113th EAM show 2014
• Art Spirit Foundation Silver Medal for Pastel- National Arts Club 113th EAM show 2012
• Gold Medal for Pastel Dianne Bernhard - Allied Artists of America 97th Annual Exhibition 2010